photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 28, 2016

Inspiration Wednesday Art Journal Layout

I know, I know, it's been ages since I've shared an Inspiration Wednesday spread. The reason for that is that it's been ages since I've created an IW spread! Isn't it funny how we tend to start out so excited about certain projects and then life happens and our projects get stuck on the back burner. I miss my bi-weekly IW creative time! And as you'll notice from the date on this layout, it's not only been a while since I spend time in my IW journal, but it's taken me far too long to post too!

I ended up picking up some more marketing contract work and that kept me hopping for a few months, making doing anything creative almost impossible. I also have a **surprise** announcement coming up in a few weeks, which came along with an immovable deadline, and made for some very busy days and nights. Be sure to keep an eye on your email for the surprise details...

Thankfully, the contract work has ended for the year and I am hopeful that I'll be able to catch up on the long list of half finished work I have sitting in my studio. (Oh, and hopefully I'll get to work on organizing my studio now that we've made some layout changes in our house, allowing me use of our entire extra bedroom! Call me excited!)

As for today's IW art journal layout...I think it's one of my favorites to date. If you have lots of extra letter stickers hanging around your art space (I confess I hoard them), then this is a great project for you. These two pages are covered in all shapes and sizes of letter stickers. I used foam Thickers, tiny stickers, glitter letters, and just about everything in between. 
I even managed to accidentally spell out A-OK...see that in the upper right hand corner? How fun is that? My favorite bit are all those tiny stickers...I layered them like crazy and the look, after applying layers of paint and glazing medium is nothing short of fabulous!
Another thing I am digging out this layout is that the foam letters and still squishy! Even after a layer of gesso, paint, and glazing medium, you can still push down on the foam letters...they're still soft! Talk about touchable texture...LOVE that! Here's a look at the complete spread...
If you're interested in Inspiration Wednesday, Donna has already posted a link for the 2017 lessons. The year long class is only $35, for the entire year, and includes an extra few class. I have so enjoyed this year's lessons and am looking forward to finishing my art journal (this will be my first completed journal!) and next year's lessons! You can sign up for the 2017 classes here. I've also been posting new videos to my You Tube channel. If you're interested in seeing videos when they're posted, click on over and follow my channel!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: