photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, September 30, 2016

Sweet 'n Sassy Christmas Roundup

It's been a wonderful month of holiday filled posts, featuring new stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy, and today we're doing a roundup post that will include new projects or some of our favorites from the month.

Ohhh...and I'm excited to share  my project! It's a Christmas garland, created with the brand new Christmas Bulb Die Set! This is the cutest die set that includes the bulb, the ornament top, and a dove. There's a round bulb die set too! Use either of these sets to create gift tags, Christmas tree ornaments, or a holiday garland!

To create my garland, I started by die cutting eight bulbs, using coordinating designer paper. I layered one bulb shape on another...can you tell? I positioned the top bulb die cut sideways, creating the fun, curved shape that runs across the bulbs.

I then created a piece of silver cardstock by inking a piece of cardstock with VersaMark and embossing with silver embossing powder. Once the powder was dry, I die cut four ornament tops and attached them with a strong liquid glue.

The circles on the front of each ornament were die cut using a small circle die. I then used the Light of Christmas Background stamp to add design to each circle. Everything is better with text...

The fun letters are from the Outline stamp set; each were stamped on cardstock and water colored, using Distress Inks. Once the letters were dry, I fussy cut them, and attached them to the circles with foam tape. Here are a few close up photos...


All of the edges were distressed using Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Once I threaded the ornaments on to my burlap ribbon, I decided this bulbs needed some bling so I used a gel medium and mica flakes from Prima to add some chunky glittery shine to each of the ornaments. Super fun! Can't wait to display this over the holidays...well...I can wait for the snow and cold weather...*smile*
I hope you enjoyed today's project! Happy Crafting! 

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

This is SO fabulous!! I love all the layers you created, and the material garland!