photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Combining The Crafters Workshop Stencils and Chameleon Markers

Hi everyone! Today, I'm sharing a project featuring brand new stencils from The Crafters Workshop and markers from Chameleon. (This is a post that was featured on the TCW blog late last month) Chameleon markers are allow the user to create easy shading using only one marker. I was working with smaller images so I did just a bit of shading, but lots of coloring!
I started by laying the TCW654, Chica Doodles stencil over a piece of Neenah white cardstock. I simply followed the lines and shapes of the stencil with the markers. One of the things I really liked about these markers was how vibrant the colors were, with loads of ink in each marker! Serious fun for folks who love to color!
Because my paper was very porous, there was some minor spreading of the color, but that was a-ok with me and I’ll show you how I added more detail…
After I colored the images with the marker I went back over each section, tracing through the stencil, with a thin black alcohol safe pen. I love added detail that the black line adds, with the color just slightly blending beyond the edge of the lines…like water coloring! Then I cut the panel into three pieces before adding lots of sparkle and shine with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and Glossy Accents. Here’s a close up of the finished card…
This is a big card…measuring 5.5″ x 5.5″…looks like I’ll be handmaking an envelope! I layered each panel with olive green cardstock, and mounted the panels on a piece of embossed kraft cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in black Archival on vellum. The last embellishment was a tiny red heart, covered in glitter and more Glossy Accents. This card has lots of shine and I love finding ways to incorporate stencils in to my love of card making.
Happy Crafting!
==========================================


In non-craft related news...I'm excited to announce that I've joined Nerium International! Nerium International. Nerium is a skin care company that began with the release of an age-defying night time cream that works to reduce fine lines and improve overall skin texture. I tried the cream for five days and was amazed at the results…it’s honestly like a face lift in a bottle! Since the introduction of the night cream, Nerium has grown to over $200 million in sales and introduced new products, such as a day cream, eye serum, and a daily supplement.

I’m holding my very first LIVE Facebook Nerium party TONIGHT (September 6) at 8:00 pm EST. Nerium has just started doing the Facebook parties and they are fun, quick moving, and informative. You can participate from your couch, office, etc. and from any device that can access Facebook. 

I’d love to send you an invite to the party! Even if you can’t join at 8 pm, you can access the page later just be clicking ‘going’ or ‘maybe.’ The party is a great way to check out Nerium and decide if you’d be interested in the products. If so, I can follow up with you later this week to answer any questions. Send me a private email at ksdm@comcast.net if you’d like an invite!

Once you receive your invite, visit the link and click on ‘join’ to RSVP (you won’t receive any spam post party if you join tonight). By attending the party you’ll also have an opportunity to earn raffle tickets for a free prize drawing. There’s a drawing for anyone who comments!

The party will run from 8-9 EST pm TONIGHT. To access the party, simply visit this link again tonight or view the invite in your Facebook notifications).

Hope to see you tonight, and thank you!!!

No comments: