photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, July 15, 2016

All Your Heart and My Creator Stamp Sets - New Releases from Sweet 'n Sassy

Hi all, and welcome to the final Sweet 'n Sassy release for July! These two sets might just be my favorites this month as both can be used in so many ways and are also perfect for Bible journaling.

For my two cards, I confess that I have been dieting on lots of craft videos in the morning while I consume large quantities of coffee. I've been really enjoying Kristina Werner's videos, especially her water coloring ones, and both of my cards reflect some of my new found skills (thanks to Kristina!)

My first card, shown above, was created with the new My Creator stamp set. This new stamp set includes 20 images and sentiments and retails for $15.95.

I started my card by creating this night sky background, using Distress Paints. You can see Kristina's video tutorial on this technique here. Once the background was completed, I cut it down to the size I wanted and embossed the words in white. I used a few of the star stamps from the stamp set to add a short tone-on-tone design to the teal cardstock. The earth image is also part of the stamp set, but is included with a larger image. Since I wanted the earth to sit right under the word Creator I just left a spot for it when I embossed. I then stamped the earth image on a separate piece of water color paper, colored it with Distress Markers, and cut it out; attaching to the card base with foam tape. I also stamped the clouds twice, and popped them up as well. Lastly, I used a Wink of Steller pen to add a tiny bit of shimmer to each cloud. Here's a close up shot of my card...

My second card features the All Your Heart stamp set, along with some quick and easy water coloring. The stamp set is a word set and includes 11 stamps, two which are decorative images.

I started this card by water coloring a panel. I used Distress Inks for my water coloring; just use the ink pad to apply a little ink to a non-stick craft sheet, and pick up the ink with a wet brush. I also applied water to the water color paper panel before adding color. This allows the color to move more freely and blend. I applied two layers of color for this card, dying in between layers. This gives the background a little more visual interest and texture.

Once the water color panel was dry I embossed the words in white, and then used more ink to color in the open letters. Adding a bit more color to the letters helped them to pop off the background panel. I used a drier brush when adding color to the letters to keep the underneath color from running and to get a more concentrated color. Next, I added a few black and white paint splatters, and a tiny heart (from Wendy Vecchi), which I covered in glitter (using that Wink of Stella pen again), and glossy accents. The water color panel was adhered to black cardstock and attached to a white card base. A close up shot of the card is below...

I hope you enjoyed today's cards! Be sure to visit the links, listed below, to place your order for one or both of these sets!

Happy Crafting!

Direct Link to Stamp Sets:

No comments: