photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, June 3, 2016

Inspiration Wednesday - Week 10

Hi folks! I'm back again with another Inspiration Wednesday project! Are you starting to feel like these are the only projects I'm sharing? Well...if you're feeling that way, you would be right! The truth is that I've had very little time to create and even less time to post. The IW projects are typically quick to finish, and since we're following most of the steps from Donna Downey's video, it's an easy layout to finish...not much thinking required on my part! LOL!

The good news is that I'm making good progress on unpacking my craft supplies, as well as finding all sorts of creative ways to store all of them, so I hope to be back to posting more regularly in a few weeks.

This week's layout featured wrapping paper! Would you believe that I had to go shopping for wrapping paper in order to even work on this project. Dollar Store to the rescue! I found these great papers at my local store and they worked perfectly to create bold backgrounds. (Makes me want to wallpaper my room in wrapping paper!)
The left side of my spread features this amazing polka dot paper and tiny yellow butterflies (from a Martha Stewart punch). Note that both wrapping papers were sanded with a Tim Holtz sanding block...that worn look is divine! I added some rhinestone trails to each butterfly and came across this cute "handle with care" piece in my stash. I don't recall who made the embellishment, but it's wooden and I purchased a bunch of these at my local craft store. 
The left side of my spread featured this beautiful cream and black paper, which was a great contrast to the red polka dots. Again, the paper was sanded and I used a glaze and acrylic paint to add some aging to the page. My collage is made up of a piece of burlap, a Tim Holtz red lined tag, a stenciled face (from a Crafters Workshop stencil, see links below), some twine, a manila tag, and another tiny butterfly. I'm finding that I love these collage clusters...the only challenge is finding enough elements to fill in the space. I love the half a face peeking out from behind the tag.
The inclusion was whitewashed with gesso before I added the letter stickers. The lines around the "beautiful" word was hand drawn, and the butterflies are from more Martha Stewart punches.
Here's the entire finished piece...don't those contrasting patterns and colors look fabulous together! Love it! (Donna's video was based on mixing patterns...very fun!) Links to products below, and stay tuned for something other than IW2016 projects! I hope...LOL! Happy Crafting!

Supplies:

No comments: