photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Clean and Simple (CAS) Cards Featuring Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Hello crafty friends! I'm popping in with a few quick and simple cards that I created last week, featuring stamp sets from Sweet 'n Sassy.

Now that we're in a new state and attending a new church, I've been making cards for the few people that we've gotten to know, in an effort to connect with and make new friends. (Friendship bribery via homemade cards...perhaps, rabbit...LOL!)

Last week we had two big occasions...one sad and the other joyful, such is our common experience during our lives. One woman lost her husband, after 60 years of marriage, and a new baby was born to one of the church's families. Since I don't know either family very well, I thought I'd send a card for each. (There is a folder set up in the church for each family so I can just drop a card into the correct folder...pretty neat!)

Since I needed two cards, and since this girl is short on time lately, I opted to keep both designs simple. I even used almost the same layout on each. And with any CAS card...keeping things clean, white, and bright is a great option.

My first card features an older Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set, Rose Collage. This set includes the rose collage image, along with two butterflies, and a host of sentiments that fit perfectly inside the ribbon image included in the collage. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then used Distress Markers to color the image. This is the first time I used a deep purple for the shading...and I love it! It seems to give much more depth vs. a black or gray color. For more depth, the butterflies were stamped on a scrap piece of paper, colored, fussy cut, and attached to the main image. Then I just cut out the image, leaving a small white border, and used foam tape to attach to the front of the card.

The second card showcases the sweet Little One stamp set that includes a darling hand and feet image along with a baby carriage, a rattle, a few heart images, and a host of new baby-inspired sentiments. After cutting four small squares (1.25"), I used watered down paint to add some paint splatters, and then added the silhouette images to each square. I left the fourth square empty so I could attach the sentiment. The squares were added to layers of designer paper and attach to the card front. This card got a tiny bit of bling in the form of tiny pearls. I also added a few score lines at the bottom of the card for visual interest.

I hope you enjoyed both of today's cards and are encouraged to embrace the clean and simple design..it makes for a joyful card creating experience!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: