photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 24, 2014

Travel Album - Yes, I Scrapbooked

I have a photo heavy post for you today...sharing a mini album that I created using supplies from a kit club.  I'm not much of a scrapbooker (I've been working on one album for about six years...I don't think it's going to ever be finished! LOL!), but I'm a sucker for mini albums.  They're easy to create and you can finish one up in no time flat!  And I love documenting one moment in time, such as a trip, a holiday, or only travel photos, such as the theme of this album.

This is a fun folded album, which I learned how to make in a Julie Balzer class.  Seriously easy to make, using just a few sheets of 12x12 paper.  The cover is folded in and I opted to create a larger front cover spread that is partially hidden when the album is closed.  Here's the open view:
I just couldn't part with the "life is a daring adventure" sentiment...love that!  This is a tough album to photograph because it accordion folds and is about three feet long when unfolded...it rocks!  One entire side has pockets, which I'll show you below, and the other side is just plain paper, which you could use for journaling or more photos.  Here's a shot of one side...
On the right hand side of the photo, you can see where the cover folds.  Each page is held together with special painted masking tape...another Julie technique.  (If you haven't taken one of her classes...you must!)  I'll keep commentary to a minimum from here on out and just let you enjoy the inside pages.  Most of the embellishments are from the kit and coordinate with the paper collection, all from My Minds Eye.  The stamps you'll see are old Ali Edwards designs that I believe I purchased through Technique Tuesday.  Mini letters seen throughout are sticker sheets from Authentique.  I buy every Authentique letter and word sticker sheet I can get my hands on...they are an amazing tool and I use their stickers in everything from cards to scrapbooking to mixed media projects.  Enjoy the show!  (Leave a comment if you have any other questions!)
Forgive the glare on some of these pages...Photographing pictures in my studio at night is a bear! LOL!
The end of the pocket pages...Here's a look at a completed insert.  Each of the photos were mounted on cardstock.
I adore stamping right on to a photo... (And what's that?  A text circle on almost every page...you better believe it!)
I kept the non-pocket pages pretty simple.  Just mounted the photos and added some decoration and/or text and stamping.  All of my photos are printed to 5"x7".
I have one empty page left in the album and that's where I'll be putting more of the stories of our trips this year.  My plan is to use my old typewriter for the journaling...fabulous!
That's my completed album!  Super fun to make and a great keepsake.  My next album, the one I created in Julie's class, is going to focus on photos of all the amazing designers and teachers I've had met over the past few years.  I can't wait to get started!
 

No comments: