photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 18, 2013

Be Brave


I think it's time to get back to the real world today...We had a windy, snowy day yesterday and it was a delightful excuse to spend the day in PJs, with a big mug full of coffee and my abundance of Girl Scout cookies!  Whew...talk about laziness!  Honestly, it felt great to really relax for a day, which is perfect for recharging one's batteries.  Welcome to Monday!
 
Today's card is one that I created last week for the new mixed media challenge on Splitcoast.  Love that they've created a mixed media challenge, a great way to get folks interested in this type of creating.  I'm having such a great time exploring all the new techniques and products that come along with this art form.  And journaling...seriously, you need to try your hand at journaling.  It's so much fun!  I'm sharing one of my pages at the eP blog this weekend so be sure to check it out!
 
OK, today's card...The challenge was to use resist embossing on your project.  On the day that the challenge was posted I saw a card where someone embossed with white embossing powder on kraft cardstock and then colored in the image.  I loved the look so I did the same thing on my card! 
 
First, I used the Be Brave stamp from the She Sprouted Wings stamp set to stamp all over a piece of cardstock.  The words were embossing in white embossing powder and then I used Dylusions Ink Sprays (Crushed Grape and Lemon Zest) on cover the piece of cardstock.  (Use paper towels to remove excess ink)  Next, I stamped and embossed the bird cage image, from the same stamp set, and colored in the picture with Distress Markers (Copics would remove the embossed edges).  Then, I assembled!  Embossed the card base with the Elite embossing folder from Spellbinders, die cut the fancy square, layered on my be brave panel, bird house, sentiment, and a few tiny gold pearls.
 
Have you checked out the Mixed Media Challenge on Splitcoast?  If not, why not check it out today...there's a new challenge posted each Friday!
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Love these color together and wonderful background paper for a little bird that is about to fly away for the security of his cage. Neat card!!
sandy

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. The bird and cage are fabulous. Love the embossed background too. Enjoy your weekend!