photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, October 1, 2012

What If...


Well...what if your fears and dreams existed in the same place...would you still go there? 

It seems that having big dreams also means having big fears; the two live together.  It takes courage, resolve, and perseverance to follow your dreams while also facing your fears.  It means that you will endure failures and unforeseen pressures and disappointments.  The unknown is a scary place but you'll never know if your dream can become a reality, or rejoice in a dream realized, unless you make that first step.  My advice?  Go there...

I love some of the sentiments from Stampers Anonymous (the one on my card is from a Tim Holtz set), not only does the size make a great focal point on a card but sometimes the sayings really hit home. **smile**

Today's card is for this week's Splitcoast CAS challenge; using coral, aqua, and yellow on a card.  Since I'm all about banners lately, I decided to ink up canvas banners from Maya Road.  Here's how I created the banners...
  
 I first swiped my Distress Ink pad (I used Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, and Tumbled Glass) on my Non-Stick Craft Sheet.  (If you don't have a craft sheet...get one...your life is not complete until you add this to your craft supplies!)
Then use a Mister to spray the ink multiple times.  You want the ink to really bead up...lots of spraying!
And then smoosh (that's a technical term) the banner all around in the ink.  Note...You're going to get inky doing this technique...like really inky but that's ok...crafting isn't any fun unless you're getting dirty!  (If you do get dirty, you can get squeaky clean again with a Craft Scrubbie!)
 
Once the banner is completely covered in ink, use a heat gun to dry the banner.  I did leave mine overnight to completely dry so ink wouldn't get on my card.  I then added a second step...A swirl pattern by using the Layered Butterfly Template (I used just the wing design).  I just used my blending tool to add the same color ink to the banner, this gives the banner a subtle design.
 
Then I added the banners to my card and layered the sentiment over the banners.  Easy peasy!
 
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE THIS SENTIMENT~wow! Fantastic card Kim~

Erin Smetak said...

Love this technique! I forget how versatile the craft sheet is!
I love your card! Your banners rock!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Love the canvas banner pieces. The colors are awesome!