photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Dream is a Wish

Not to get all philosophical about quotes from stamp sets, but I do think that the statement on this card, from the Dream Big (Sweet 'n Sassy) stamp set, is a true one.  When we have a dream about life changes, it is a thought or wish that begins in the heart.  Then we should use our minds, and in my case, much prayer to determine if that wish, that dream, can become a reality.  These days, this type of sentiment, really resonates with me. :-)

The other big reality in my life these days is that I love this new hexagon craze that's going on in the craft world right now!  Love, love, love it!  I love it so much that I went out a purchased the new hexagon die from Papertreyink!  What a great way to showcase designer papers!  This is new paper from Authentique...another one of my latest loves.  The fun thing about this die is that it cuts out the frame so it's a cinch to add the individual paper pieces, all spaced perfectly.

Want to know my trick for attaching all of those small hexagons?  I used a sheet of Wonder Tape!  I first put the hexagon grid on to the Wonder Tape (removing only one side of the tape) and then I got to work on adding the hexagons.  Once the entire grid was filled, I removed the back of the Wonder Tape and secured it to my card base.  Fun stuff!!  And this paper is so pretty I couldn't cover it up so I just added a sentiment. 

And guess what?  I'm not the only one with this idea...Look what Debbie posted today...Is it ok to say that great minds thinks alike when I created something similar on the same day as one of my stamping idols? **wink**

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kim. Love it. The papers are lovely. I didn't get this die the last time, but I am getting it now! :o)