photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy Release Day


It's release day again at Sweet 'n Sassy and I'm so excited to share this month's stamps and cards with you!  We have a great release, blog hop, and party planned for you that is full of fun, prizes, and lots of creativity!  Make sure to join us at 8:00 pm for our release party on our Splitcoast Forum.  We always have a wonderful time and we'll be posting lots of challenges and all of the new stamp sets!

My cards feature the new sets Timeless Classics (seen above) and Wedding Cake (seen below).  For my Father's Day card (and PS - I am simply crazy about the fonts included in this set!) I used wonderful vintage paper from Graphic 45 in the background and then created my own patterned paper by stamping the gear image multiple times on white cardstock using VersaMark ink.  I then embossed with clear embossing powder and added color with Distress Inks.  The embossed area resists the ink to showcase the stamped images.  The truck was colored with Copics, keeping the colors simple so stay with that vintage feel.  I then added a few stars from the Star Die Set.

For my wedding cake card I used some new stunning paper from Teresa Collins.  I just picked this up last week and couldn't wait to use it!  I like the blue and yellow color combo for a wedding...so summery!  I simply stamped the lovely cake image on white cardstock and colored with Copics.  The sentiment is stamped on a paper ribbon and I added a big 'ol frame of pearls to showcase that pretty dragonfly paper and image.  I also added a little sparkle to each of the flowers with Stickles.

I hope you've enjoyed today's cards and now you can check out the rest of the design team's beautiful artwork!  Don't forget to stop by the release party tonight and if you leave a comment on each of the blogs on our hop, you'll be entered into a drawing to win the ENTIRE release!  Yippee!!
Kim Schofield - YOU'RE HERE!


51 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

The pop of red on your first card is perfect! Love those papers. I adore how you colored the wedding cake and the row of pearls....ah my favorite!! Beautiful work on both! Wow~!

Helen Dooley said...

Awesome mans card! Love the wedding card and I can see the card from your last post. love that too. Guess Ill have to check out the rest of your blog! Thanks!

Tricia T said...

I love how you colored the wedding cake!! So pretty!

merrymstamper said...

love your vintage truck!!! and the wedding cake is stunning!

Marlena M. said...

WOW, from masculine to feminine! AWESOME creations.

Sue D said...

Great Father's day card--love the red car.
Beautiful wedding card.

Lori said...

Love the red truck and how you popped up your images! Great cards!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous papers and textures on these sensational designs, Kim! I love the embossed gears behind your truck and your stunning wedding cake!! Awesome work!

Cibele Glazer said...

I love how you made the truck red! What a great idea for that stamp. Your wedding cake is beautifully colored!

Jingle said...

These are both great, but I REALLY LOVE your Father's Day card!

Jennie said...

Fabulous designs and love how you did the truck and the patterned paper is PERFECT!!! Beautiful job on the wedding card card and love the patterned paper you used!

Taylor said...

These are beautiful!

Cathymac said...

Both cards are wonderful, Kim! LOVE the Timeless Classic image! The gears in the background are perfect for the vintage, red truck! The wedding cake is gorgeous...fabulous coloring and colors on this one! The pearls just make your card even more elegant!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the truck! Great cards, the pearls around the wedding card are awesome!!
DeAnn

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your cards are so beautiful!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome cards Kim! The papers are so nice. The sponged strip looks great on your first card... and the pearl border is just devine on the second.

Cynthia said...

Great designs and colors!

Anita said...

Amazing cards!

synthis said...

Your cards are beautiful!. :D

Amy Martin said...

Wow....wonderful cards. They are both beautiful.

Basslady said...

my goodness!

your cards are awesome!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Candice F said...

Absolutely love it!!!!! Both cards are so stunning!

seamom said...

These cards are very nice! A red truck on a totally masculine card. Love it! And the wedding cake on the backdrop with so many pearls... Really special! BTW, pearls are my birthstone!

seamom said...

Nice cards! I love the red truck on that oh-so-masculine dp! And the wedding cake surrounded by pearls - wonderful!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Amazing details in your cards!!
Kristan

Crafty Math Chick said...

Oooh! I like how you colored that antique automobile and all the magnificent pearls on your beautiful colored wedding cake card too!

Harriet Skelly said...

Fabulous cards Kim! I love the colors on the wedding card - very unique and beautiful!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful wedding card. TFS

EstherT said...

Both cards are amazing ... I totally adore the vintage look of the father's day card!

Jane Bosi said...

Fantastic Cards!!!

Krissy said...

My Dad would love that pick-up truck card - so cool! And the wedding cake card is beautiful!

Bridget said...

Kim, when I see your classic pickup card, I just know I have to get that set - what a fabulous card! And your wedding card is so elegant with the rich colors and gorgeous pearls!

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful cards...love the pearls around the mat on the last card.

Unknown said...

Oh Kim! These are lovely!!

Ceal said...

Beautiful cards! I am loving that new masculine set! Love the design paper too goes perfectly with it

Indy's Designs said...

What amazing cards! You have done a great job with all those layers! The colors are perfect on both cards!

Gisela said...

The red truck card is so masculine which is so hard to create sometimes. Thanks

Marla said...

I love the wedding card and that truck makes a great masculine card!!!

KSinMT said...

Love the wedding card because I need to be inspired to make an awesome one. Thank you. Kathy

Stacy Morgan said...

Your truck looks AWESOME. Great guy card. Beautiful wedding card, the pearl border is wonderful.

Theresa said...

Amazing cards, Kim! I LOVE the Father's Day card with the Timeless Classics stamp set! The red truck really pops!!

Chrissy D said...

Jessica- I love both of these creations! Fabulous work!

Chrissy D said...

OOps! I think I just called you Jessica! Sorry! :)

Playing with Paper said...

I love both of your cards!! The wedding card is so pretty and the Father's Day card is really cool!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Your cards are awesome...love your colors!

Vickie Kertz said...

Both cards are so cute. Great color combinations on both. Love the coloring on the old truck

Jami said...

Ooooh....I'm diggin' that gear background you created. Way cool! and all those pearls on the wedding card...stunning!

Helen said...

They are both great cards. I just love the Father's Day card. Great work.

Mary K said...

Love these cards and how they can look gorgeous and fun at the same time. Adding the embossing and the dragonflies adds the element of fun..thanks for sharing!

Vickie ODell said...

I'm so glad to see your idea using the vintage truck image. I like your gear embossing resist background. Making the truck red reallys set it off. That's the set I really want to get for my hubby.

Kathi said...

Both cards are fabulous.

I love that truck especially.