photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Happy Place


Quick card made last night for this weekend's Distress Marker class.  (Contact Wholly Scrap! for more details)  Jennifer McGuire posted a video on how she created an amazing rainbow card, using Distress Markers, and the minute I saw it I knew I had to use the technique on a card.   Since this was for a class I needed to simplfy so folks could finish in a reasonable amount of time so I created a narrow strip and used only one color family to create the honeycomb background (background stamp by Tim, of course!)
Once the background was colored with the markers, I added a boatload of Perfect Pearls mist...check out that shimmer!  The water from the Perfect Pearls makes the Distress Markers run...just a bit...which creates a great muted look.  Then I added this sweet bee image (a free digi from Paper Smooches), a trail from a Papertreyink ink stamp set and even a sneak peek of a sentiment from a soon-to-be-released Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set!  (The bee was colored with Copic, which provide a much deeper color than the Distress Markers)

Enjoy!

No comments: