photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kindred Spirits

Guess what?  I decided to try out for the Splitcoast CAS design team again.  This time I've made it to the last round.  Talk about pressure to create something fabulous! LOL!  This is the card I submitted for the first challenge, which was to create a card with flowers.  Well...flowers...they're my favorite stamp so this was the easiest challenge for me.  (The next two challenges have make me think!)

For this card I decided to do some reserve masking.  I created my mask using an oval Nestibilities die and then filled the oval with Distress Ink and a blending tool.  (Distress Ink is perfect for blending as it stays wet longer than dye ink and the colors work together perfectly.)  Once the background color was done I very lightly (too lightly really, I wish it was a bit darker) stamped the Friendship Script stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy.  Next came the flowers and grass from the Serene Silhouettes set and finally a sentiment from the Together Silhouettes set.  Super quick and easy card and you can use this technique with any color or stamp combination.  Fun stuff!



1 comment:

Kim S said...

Oh so stunning! You should definitely make it!!!