photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Graduate

So this past week we celebrated the graduation of someone I work with (hint, it's Donna-Marie!) and I offered to make a card for everyone at the store to sign.  Since Donna-Marie's degree is in fashion, I had to create a fashion-inspired card!  I used this fun set from Tim Holtz, called Haberdashery, to create the card.  (Forgive my slightly blurry photo...did not notice it until I downloaded the photos and by then the card had been already sent!  Better photo below!)


I started by stamping a few of the images, in Archival ink, on the background of the card.  I then colored the images with the new Distress Markers and used a watercolor brush to blend the colors.  I then added a few swirls, thanks to a stamp set from Papertreyink.  The dress form was stamped on a separate piece of paper (I used watercolor paper) and then added some Distress Inks to...distress the image. :-)  A tiny bit of Stickles were added to the top of the dress form.  I did the same thing for the spool top image (love that image!)  Before attaching the dress form I used Perfect Pearls to add some fabulous glitz to the background.  And then...and then...I created an animal print scarf by dying seam binding with Distress Inks and adding dark brown dots with a Copics marker.  (One of Donna-Marie's designs included an animal print wrap...)

Such a fun card to create!  Stop by and see Donna-Marie's designs and wish her a big congrats!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Wonderful card. I love the whole grundgy distressed feel of it all.