photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, May 11, 2012

Give Me Paris


And somehow we're already at Friday again?  Just how does that happen so quickly?  (PS - The new Blogger format continues to make me cranky! LOL!)  Well I had the best of intentions of posting every day this week and here I am with just my third post!  I think I need an assistant...yeah, that's it...I'll talk to my husband about that...

Today's card is a sample from an upcoming card class I'll be teaching at Wholly Scrap!  During the class we'll be playing with the new Distress Markers.  Has anyone tried them yet?  What do you think?  I haven't tried every technique with them but I really liked how they worked when coloring on stamps, which I did for this card.  I used a few colors to color directly on the butterfly stamp (from Tim) and then stamped on Prism smooth cardstock.  I then spritzed the paper with Perfect Pearls and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges.  Kept the card layout simple, the background is embossed, and I only added the Paris half circle and a few pearls.  It's good and sparkly in person.  I'm looking forward to creating a few more cards using the markers. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Love the gorgeous butterflies and those colors. The markers must be nice! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!