photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beach Bum

Did I tell you that I'm teaching a class this weekend, at Wholly Scrap!, where I'll be demonstrating how to use the new Distress Markers?  (But of course...I'm using all things Tim this week!)  This is one of the cards that we'll be making...love how it turned out and it came about by me simply playing around with the markers.  Isn't it fun when that happens?
I started by swiping markers across a small piece of watercolor paper and then I hit all the colors with a watercolor brush.  Since these markers react with water, the brush makes all of the colors blend together.  (When I was just playing around with the markers, I ended up loving two of the blue colors together...it reminded me of water.)

After I finishing laying down the background colors, I stamped this darling beach chair images on top with Memento ink.  This stamp, Ocean Paradise, is from Sweet 'n Sassy and it's one of my favorites!  Love the chair, the umbrella, and the sentiments.  I then stamped the umbrella again and colored it with markers before cutting it out and attaching with foam tape.  The chair was colored with the Picket Fence marker...love that!  The circle for the sentiment (isn't it like a sun??!!) got more Distress Marker color before being attached with foam tape.  The rest of the card is just paper and twill!!

Enjoy and if you're in the New England area and want to learn more about these great markers, contact Wholly Scrap! and sign up for my class!

3 comments:

Korin said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! I wish I was coming earlier so I could take your class! Maybe you could give me a one-on-one while I am there ;).

Kathi said...

I'd so love to take a class from you!

Great card, beautifully colored.

P.S. I'm so happy (thought a bit green) that you got to take some "Tim" classes.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Love the rich colors and the image. The twill looks great too!