photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Six

Welcome to Day Six and the first of my "doozey" cards...this are the tags that Tim created where I initially had a hard time figuring out how I was going to re-create his look in card format. On Day Six, Tim featured the embossing using sticky back metal sheets, which I confess are wonderful tools...love the metal! However, I had no metal in my stash and the store was out of stock so I could have either waited until new stock arrived or come up with something different.

So...I went with something different. Want to guess what it was? Aluminum foil! That's right, I grabbed a sheet from the kitchen, doubled it for extra strength, wrapped it around a piece of cardstock and ran it though my Big Shot, using a Tim embossing folder. The results? Stunning! The embossed metal was just beautiful, perfect the way it was, but I wanted to continue using Tim's techniques so I added the paint! I used paint from the Ranger Paint Daubers that I had in stock, which weren't holiday colors but I like them just the same.

Once the blocks of paint were dry I very lightly sanded the raised areas and since this wasn't actually metal I did need to be very gentle with the sanding. Once the sanding was completed, I covered the entire tag with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and clear embossing powder. Then the magic happened. Once the embossing powder was heated and cooled I was left with this amazing little piece of art that resembled an old license plate. Very cool!

My final addition was the metal piece, which Tim also used on his tag, but he used a wreath and since this wasn't a very Christmas looking card I opted to just add a metal tag and sentiment. There you have it...Day Six!!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

SophiePScrap said...

I love your take on the technique! I did my tag using plumber's tape. It workd out well also.