photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 28, 2011

Give Thanks

Happy a few days after Thanksgiving! Did everyone have an enjoyable Thanksgiving? We had a blast and I'm excited to share a Thanksgiving page, featuring PSA Essentials stamps, from last year's feast.

For the past 10 years or so we've gotten together with a few families from our church. When my husband and I were first married we spent Thanksgiving with my side of the family (Christmas is with his side - yeah!!) and then a few years ago it became difficult to gather with my family in NY so we opted to say gathering with our friends, who are just about as close as family. And that is a blessing - a wonderful family and friends! Bonus!

All of our families together total about 14 people and we all bring a few dishes to share so none of us are burdened with doing all of the cooking. The fun part is that we each bring our best and favorite dishes to share. Each year I can hardly wait for sweet potato casserole, ham, and cranberry salad and one of the features of my page was to feature photos of my favorite foods!!

Since this page was fairly complex, I opted to focus on the photos and just a few embellishments. The paper banner was created by stamping and embossing a decorative image, from PSA, on kraft cardstock. I then used a blending tool and Distress Ink to color the banner; the embossing resists the ink. I then folded and stapled the paper to create dimension. The 'thanks' (isn't that font amazing?!) title was stamped also using PSA stamps. Since these are clear stamps, it's a breeze to line up the letters! The flower was created using Gluebers and ribbon (from Papertreyink) and the inside of the flower is another PSA image stamped in yellow ink. I added a few glittery leaves and the 'give' sentiment (using stickers) finished off the page!

Enjoy and be sure to check out all of PSA Essentials stamps...they rock!!

No comments: