photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Inspiration Challenge

Howdy! Did you know that each Tuesday Sweet 'n Sassy hosts an Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast? You can check out this week's challenge here. And...I'll share the inspiration photo too!

Aren't those the cutest stuffed owls ever? Oh, to have a little girl's room to decorate. :-) For my card, I went a little outside of my comfort zone (have been pushing myself to do that more lately) and created a CAS card with little banners. This style of card definitely isn't typical for me as I'm more of a "lots of layers and bling" kind of designer but I continue to be so impressed with cards created by real CAS artists (and it is an art to be able to balance simplicity and design!). So I continue to my quest to learn more about how to create those types of cards....It's a work in progress! LOL!

For my card I used the super fun Seeing Spots stamp set. I love this one, perfect for those CAS cards! I stamped individual images on little cardstock banner and then glued the banner onto a piece of twine (also available from Sweet 'n Sassy). My card was created with layers of plain cardstock (I do like the texture of Bazzill cardstock) and a layer of clear embossed words. I only added six little perfect pearl dots as embellishments. (Oh, and I confess that I didn't use the blue color from the inspiration...I just loved the look of the pink, brown, and green too much!)

Enjoy and be sure to check out the weekly challenge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute projects, love the owls, thanks for sharing.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kim. Love the soft colors and the banner. :o)