photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, July 8, 2011

Thinking of You

A few days ago I was looking through some of the Splitcoast galleries and I came across a card where the creator said she made a "long and lean" card. I loved that description and the layout so a few ago as I was putting away a bunch of paper scraps I came across a few "long and lean" scraps and knew I had to turn them in to a card!

All of the pieces of this card are from my scrap pile! The designer paper is from Jillibean Soup. The dark green design was exactly that size and all I had to cut was the orange background paper...love when that happens with scraps! The text image is from SU! and the darling tulip image is from the Spring Tulips stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy. The ribbon is from Papertreyink. I know there are some big 'ol shadows on this photo but I like that you can see the dimension of the flowers from mounting that image with foam tape.

So what do you think about the long and lean layout? It's fun, right? We had a guest speaker at our church this weekend and he's a pastor from a very small town in upstate NY, where there is a lack of work and life is hard for their church members. I think this card is destined to be sent to someone in their church, to let them know that someone is praying for them. :-)

Enjoy your weekend!!

3 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Kim. The tulips are gorgeous and I love the long shape.

Korin said...

So glad you found those scraps :). They made a lovely card!

judkajudi said...

This card is beautiful and I love that it will be a blessing for someone who needs it! That tulip stamp is delightful!