photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Scrapbook Pages

So what have I been up to? This Saturday I spent the entire day scrapbooking! What a blast! And except for the massive mess I had to clean up, see above photo, it was fabulous! A friend of mine, who adores creating Christmas-themed cards, came over for the day, my hubby watched the kids, and we got down to some serious creating! I finished eight pages for my 2011 scrapbook! Too bad that only covered me for the month of March...Oh honey, it looks like I'll need another scrapbooking day... :-)

On to those scrapbook pages! The first page, which I think we'll actually turn in to four because I had so many photos from Bean's birthday party, are of our oldest's birthday party. The title page is below.

I'm drawing a complete blank for the name of this designer paper and I used up every square inch of what I had. However, this was a birthday specific paper line so I was able to also pick up a sheet of cardstock stickers, perfect for embellishments! I used all of the papers in the backbround and only added a yellow scalloped piece of paper and a piece of cork (that's fun!). I used stickers for the embellies and buttons from Papertreyink. The letters are from Tim Holtz and I colored them brown with Distress Ink.

Here are the other two pages. Very simple layout and these were actually pages that I demonstrated at a Wholly Scrap! beginner scrapbooking class last year. It was great to just add photos and a few stickers. I still need to add the journaling but I was a woman on a mission Saturday and had no time to stop for journaling! Something I need to add asap!!

That's how I spent my weekend, what did you do?

Enjoy!

No comments: