photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Altered Wooden Frame

Hey, we're back to the crafty posts! That's a fabulous thing! I'm hoping to have time to clean my craft room today because I can barely find a spot to sit down in there right now and if I don't clean, I don't have room to stamp...and that's a bad thing! LOL!

Today's project is one that I'll be demonstrating at a Wholly Scrap! class tomorrow night...an altered wooden frame. So many options with these inexpensive frames that can be found at just about any craft store. I think I paid a dollar for this one, which I purchased at Ben Franklin.

I initially purchased the frames to paint on them but after seeing Julie's Stamping Around OH project, I promptly changed my mind! (I'm not sure when Julie will post her project but check back to her blog often because it is adorable!!!) This is a fairly easy project that only requires designer paper, glue, and embellishments. I covered my frame in paper from October Afternoon. The little houses are from a Tim Holtz die, Artful Dwellings. This fun die allows you to cut out a number of little houses and then I just added roofs, doors, and windows. Very fun!

I then added a paper flower, using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die, some swirly rhinestones, from Zva, and a sentiment from Gina K. Now...the most fun part of this project, which I shamelessly copied from Julie (she got her idea from a Cat's Pajamas project) was to add the cork to the inside of the frame. I love that! What I love even more is stamping on the cork! The sentiment I used is from Tim Holtz and my plan is to use a photo program to give a Polaroid look to photos of my two boys and attach the photos to the cork with decorative straight pins. Isn't that so much fun!! Oh, I can't wait for this class...we're going to have a blast creating! A HUGE thanks to Julie for letting me CAS her idea!!

Enjoy and tell me about projects that you've created with wooden frames!!

No comments: