photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Faux Watercoloring

Morning bloggers! Well I'm finding my way around my new computer but it's so darn high tech that it took me a few minutes to figure out how to edit a photo this morning! I'm still not sure I know what I'm doing but I managed to do the basic editing on today's card. ;-) This is a card that I'll be demonstrating at a Wholly Scrap! class this weekend. During the class, I'll be showing the attendees how to create your own custom ink pad, complete with different colors, which enables you to add color where you want to a stamp without using markers to color on the rubber. This card features a lovely pine cone image and sentiment from Tim Holtz. To create the faux watercolor look, I first stamped the pine cone image in the corner of my card. Once the image was stamped, I used a mister to spray the image with water. Since I used Distress Inks (not waterproof!) they easily ran. I also used watercolor paper so that the ink wouldn't run too much and the paper wouldn't fall apart. I then spritzed the background of the card with more ink and water before adding the sentiment. This is a perfect CAS card, as I only attached the watercolor paper to a piece of cardstock and added a bit of twine. Fun stuff!

No comments: