photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Three

How excited are we for day three! Love it, love it, love it! So far today's tag is one of my all time favorites and I am ga-ga over the tissue tape flower...stunning and so easy. Tim has a video on his blog so be sure to hop on over to check it out, if interested in how to re-create the flower. For today's tag, I had quite a few of the materials needed for the tag but was missing the branch stamp and bird die that Tim used on his tag. However, I do happen to have a few tree/twig stamps in my collection and found that this branch stamp from Papertreyink was perfect for the tag. The bird and crown image is from a Tim Holtz set. Below is a close up of the bird, which was covered in Stickles. You can also see my nest...humm...as I was standing in my studio, staring into my storage closet pondering what in the world I was going to use to create the nest...I spied a random bag hidden at the very top of the cabinet and guess what was inside...moss! I let out a little yell when I realized I had the perfect material to make the nest! Next came the tissue tape flower...oh my, this is such an fun and easy technique that creates an amazing embellishment. The flower middle is from Tim's button assortment. I didn't have the sticker that Tim used on his tag (next to the flower) but I did have one of his paper stacks so I found a fun Bingo card to fill the space. I also used a SU! stick pin to hold on the Bingo card. Love the little pearl and jewel embellies on the stick pin. The bottom on my tag is decorated with a few random pieces of ribbon...a lovely velvet piece from American Crafts and a wavy brown ribbon from SU! So...for this week here's what is on tap....Day four, five, six, and seven tags that will be mixed in with a Tiffany Doodles (Tues), SALT (Thurs), and Sweet 'n Sassy (Sun) posts! I'm excited about all of them so check back in often!! And... Enjoy!

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

your tags are amazing..wow...you know I must have been under a rock for the last several years...I luv Tim Holtz and have some of his stamps but had never heard of is 12 Tags of Christmas..I know, I know..it is hard to believe...lol....I am busy with other obligations though....I have been in awe, I learned of the 12 tags on day 1....it is my hope to play along as well....you have inspired me...thanks!

enjoy *~*

Karen L K said...

Your tags are great so far. Have fun creating them, I will be watching. There are so many great craft ideas out there these days.