photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Ten

Welcome to Day Ten!! Only two more days to go!! I can't believe I managed to get all 12 tags done this year...Of course I have yet to do my Christmas shopping and our tree barely made it up last night. Since that's the case, I request a week's extension on the celebration of Christmas. Anybody with me? Today's tag was a super easy tag to create. And while it was an easy tag it includes one very creative use of garbage. Hum...see any garbage? Well do you see that very cool snowflake covered "icy" piece on top of the snowman? That, my friends, was created with a discarded piece of packaging! Isn't that amazing!! Tim just has a creative mind like no one else! I was floored when I read his tutorial on today's tag. I would never consider using the side of a plastic box. I used the tag die cut to get the plastic to the size and shape that I wanted and then ran the cut piece of plastic through the snowflake embossing folder.
The snowman was cut out with an Idea-ology die, designed by Tim. Two snowmen were cut out and then just the arms, nose, and hat of one were colored with Distress Ink. Those pieces were then cut off and glued on top of the plain snowman. Not only does this add just a touch of dimension but this method also keeps ink from getting on to the white part of the snowman. Another great idea! The holly branch was hand cut from cardstock; the berries were punched from red cardstock. The sentiment, from Sweet 'n Sassy, was stamped in black at the bottom of the snowman. The ribbon was colored red by using alcohol inks and the large brads are an antique silver, to stay with that vintage look. I just loved today's tag and can see putting all kinds of die cuts under a plastic sheet...humm...it's kind of like looking at the snowman through a frosty window. Cool... Enjoy!

No comments: