photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, December 9, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Six

**Please click HERE to enter the Tiffany Doodles blog hop and drawing! And HERE for today's SALT post!**
Mercy...I am so excited about the next few tags!! Not only has Tim been creating some really beautiful tags but there are new techniques to learn! Yeah!! My main goal in making these tags (besides the pure joy of creating!) is to duplicate the techniques that Tim demonstrates, even if I don't have the specific embellies he uses. If you compare my day six tag with Tim's, you'll see that my background image, die cut, embellishments, and ribbon is different. However, I've used the exact same technqiues to create my tag. I kind of enjoy seeing a differnet version of the tag... :-) Today's tag used embossing folders (aka texture fades) to add this amazing dimension to the tag. I used Tim's (I say Tim but it's technically Idea-ology) snowflake embossing folder to dry emboss my tag. I then added Dsitress Ink, in various blue shades, some stamped swirls, and gold speckles by using a paint dauber and stamp. I then use the snowman die cut (also from Tim) to cut the image out of grunge paper. Mr. Snowman then got another ride through the Big Shot when he was embossed with another embossing folder from Cuttlebug. And if that wasn't enough, he was painted, sanded, and aged before receiving his red ribbon scarf, which was attached with the tiny attacher.
Tim used the tissue tape again (loving this stuff!!) to add a border to the bottom of the tag. This is a really quick and easy way to add a unique dimensional touch to projects. My circle was cut out of a piece of paper found in one of Tim's paper stacks. I simply added the Merry Christmas sentiment and two brads. A sparkly snowflake was my final touch! Be sure to check out Tim's blog for the specific details on these techniques and stay tuned for tomorrow's tag!!

No comments: