photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Five

**Please click HERE to enter the Tiffany Doodles blog hop and drawing!**
WooHoo!! I'm back with Day Five of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas! I've got three tags just waiting to be posted and I can hardly wait! Tim is just rockin' the tags this year, so many techniques, using fun embellishments, the ink..it's the best! Before we get to today's tag I wanted to share a comment that a friend of mine left yesterday about wanting to make the tags but not having the supplies. Anyone else feel like that? Well...I have an idea...Last year I had very few of the supplies that Tim used on his tags (now that I'm working at Wholly Scrap!, I have far too much easy access to fabulous craft products!!) so my challenge was to use the techniques that Tim used on his tags but to create mine with only the supplies I had on hand. And I have to say that it was a blast! It was great to think of way to even re-create some of the embellishments that he used, like faux metal tags. You can see an example here. So, if you don't have the supplies, don't let that stop you...Jump right in and have fun creating!! (I even made non-holiday tags last year!!) OK, on to today's tag! Interestingly, I didn't have the facets that Tim used on his tag (although I now need them!), so I left that off. However, you should check out the very cool technique he demo'd on creating custom facets. (I tried the technique using Fragments, which also worked). However, I did happen to have the metal numbers in my stash along with the metal flowers so I was able to add those embellishments to my tag. Heat embossing the metal numbers was very cool...I would never think of doing that or of using paint (vs. ink) as a medium for the embossing powder (Tim used extra thick embossing powder). Once the embossing powder dried, the numbers look like enamel, very cool! The rest of the tag is pretty self-explanatory...Some Distress Ink on the tag background, a few Nestibilities labels as a base for the numbers, and lots of Stickles! Be sure to check back on Friday for the next tag...or maybe I'll do a double post tomorrow with SALT and the day six tag...I so excited about the next two tags! I'd say they were my favorites but I think I said that about days two, three, four.... :-) Enjoy!

No comments: