photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Little Things

Well...I had grand plans to create some Thanksgiving specific projects to post this week but...turns out my house was far messier than I thought! LOL! Thanksgiving is going to be at our house so I've been madly cleaning and preparing for the 12+ people that will arrive tomorrow! Truth be told, I can't wait! But I do miss my crafting time... :-) Today, I have a fun quick and easy scrapbook page to share with you! I've never been a big scrapbooker but since beginning to work at a scrapbook store (Wholly Scrap!) earlier this year, I decided that maybe I should give scrapbooking a try! I'm also teaching a beginner's scrapbooking class at the store, which is perfect since I'm a beginner, and I've really been enjoying coming up with easy pages to demonstrate. This is an 8x8 page that I taught a few weeks ago. It was created with fun winter paper from Fancy Pants Design. The particular piece of paper used on this page was created with decorative strips that could be used a whole page or cut apart to use as border accents. I chose to cut out this fun swooping border and then turned it sideways to create a pocket. A plain Nestibilities circle made a fun ornament and my sentiment (from Tim Holtz) made me think of my little kiddies that make life big, bold, and blessed! To those elements, I simply added a piece of brown grosgrain ribbin and a tab for my picture mat (the tab was created with another Nestibilities die, which I stamped with 25 and cut in half to create the tab). Enjoy and wishing everyone a very blessed Thanksgiving!!

No comments: