photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 29, 2010

Keep it Simple Sunday

Yes, I know, it's not Sunday and yes, I know, this isn't a card but a scrapbook page but...it is a CAS (Clean and Simple) page, which is a perfect fit for a Keep it Simple post. And this would have been posted yesterday except that Comcast decided they didn't want to give us Internet service for the afternoon. Therefore, my Sunday is now my Monday post! :-) This is a sweet 6x6 scrapbook page that I created for my Beginner Scrapbooking class that was held at Wholly Scrap!. Years ago I took a class where we created an entire 6x6 album in just two hours and this is a version of one of the pages we created. I've used those old 6x6 album layouts again and again when creating albums and pages and this is one of my favorites. (A great tip for creating quick scrapbook pages is to keep layouts that you create in a notebook so you can reference them for future projects.) All that's needed for this page is two 6x6 pieces of cardstock (one of them being designer paper). The plain cardstock serves as the page base and the designer page is cut in half, diagonally, before being adhered to the base with three brads. I then used a JustRite stamp to create the center decoration (cardstock stickers, popped up with foam tape, work well in this same spot). A quick color with Copics and a scalloped circle was all that was needed to finish this baby! Time needed to create this page....five minutes...now that's keeping it simple! Hoping everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!!

No comments: