photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SALT Challenge - Something New

Welcome to another SALT challenge! Have you had a chance to play along with our challenges? To do so, just visit the SALT blog, create a card or scrapbook page based on the weekly challenges, and leave us a comment with a link back to your blog or online gallery. This week it was Hazel's turn to set the challenge and she chose "Something New", which is a fantastic theme! Stop by the SALT blog to read her lovely write up and see her scrapbook page, dedicated to her Father...beautiful! When I think of new beginnings the first thing that came to mind is having a new life in Christ. My ATC reflects the verse that I immediately thought of when I heard the challenge, it's from 2 Corinthians 5:17. I believe this is the greatest promise of the Gospel, that by trusting in Christ, you will be transformed. Matthew Henry shared these helpful comments on this verse..."The renewed man acts upon new principles, by new rules, with new ends, and in new company. The believer is created anew; his heart is not merely set right, but a new heart is given him. He is the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works. Though the same as a man, he is changed in his character and conduct. These words must and do mean more than an outward reformation. The man who formerly saw no beauty in the Saviour that he should desire him, now loves him above all things. Peace has been made by the cross, God beseeches sinners to lay aside their enmity, and accept the salvation he offers. Christ knew no sin. He was made Sin; not a sinner, but Sin, a Sin-offering, a Sacrifice for sin. The end and design of all this was, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, might be justified freely by the grace of God through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus." For me, nothing seems quite as glorious as knowing that my formerly pride-filled heart has been changed. And that change did not come through my own will (for I never knew I was that way!) but only by the work of the Holy Spirit who opened my eyes and made me see my need...Praise be to God alone! My quick little ATC was created using stamps, ribbon, and ink from Papertreyink. Please stop by the SALT blog to see the rest of the design team's lovely creations!

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Your ATC is so beautiful and perfect for the challenge - as you say, new life in Christ is the most important 'newness' for mankind x

artfulstampin said...

Amen to that Kim! So glad I'm not the only one xxx

Lythan said...

the tree stamp underlines the meaning of thr words so beuatifully on your ATC - that we bloom and grow in Christ alone. Thanks for the image Kim :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So beautiful Kim! Love that tree and the words!

Unknown said...

This is just lovely! The tree is perfect!! :)