photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Keep it Simple Sunday

Whew...it has been so quiet here lately...It's been a whirlwind two weeks! Not only did we have lots of illness at our house but we've been busy getting ready for the wedding of our Pastor's daughter, which took place yesterday. It was such a joyful event...a day later and we're still enjoying the happy emotions and memories!! If you're one of my Facebook friends, you can check out the pictures from the big day!! But before the wedding took place I got about an hour to myself one night last week and managed to make two cards! It was a miracle and I was thrilled to have a short amount of quiet crafting time all to myself...Ahhh... I also received the new holiday mini catalog from SU! last week and it really inspired me to create a few simple cards...this is one of them! It's a one layer card!! (Well only one layer on the final layer...does that count??) I didn't use one piece of foam tape or butterfly on the front of this card...now that is a miracle! I did sneak in three black brads... I used two of my new Waltzingmouse stamp sets....this dreamy flower set, Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums, and a sentiment (I love the font on this one) from the Rescue Remedies Additions set. The script stamp in the background is from a Tim Holtz holiday set. I also used a leaf embossing folder to add just a hint of dimension to the card base. Finished this baby in under 15 minutes...now that's what I call simple! Enjoy!

No comments: