photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, July 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Greetings!! Let's see if I can get back into the swing of regular posting again... :-) It was fun to take a break from blogging and the computer last week but it also feels kind of nice to get back to a regular schedule. And I couldn't wait to share this card that I made last week when a friend of mine came over for a day of creating. I have a Wholly Scrap! class coming up this week where we'll use different punches and embossing folders. For this card, I stamped this sweet crab, from Imaginisce and colored it with Copic markers. I then ran it through an embossing folder for a little bumpy texture. A hint of Distress Ink across the top of the crab better highlighted his bumps. I made the fun shell by using a Marvy scalloped circle punch to cut out the shape before embossing it with a folder. To create the shell shape, I folded the circle in half and cut off a few of the scallops from each side of the half circle. I glued the edges together and worked with the paper until I got the right shell shape. I used the scalloped portion I cut off of the half circle to create the bottom of the shell. Does that make any sense? LOL! I think a picture tutorial may be in order... I created the small background by sponging on some Distress Ink around a punched circle. The sentiment is from Papertreyink and all of the fab beach-themed paper is from Imaginisce. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Oh my heck. That crab is sooooooooo cute. I love his embossed and bumpy shell. The scene is adorable too!

Great fun card. I love it!