photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, March 19, 2010

Hey, Hey, It's Digi Day!

Well...it was digi day...yesterday! :-) On the weeks that I have a SALT challenge, I'm a day behind for the Sweet 'n Sassy digi day over at Scrapbook News & Review. Every Thursday, you have the opportunity to participate in the challenge and win FREE digital images from Sweet 'n Sassy!! And have you seen all of the new images that have been uploaded...they're wonderful!! Check them out here! This week's challenge was to use an Easter theme on your card. I've had this lovely cross image colored and waiting in my stash of images for the past few weeks. As soon as I heard the challenge, I knew I had the perfect image ready to go! I kept the card layout fairly simple to keep this beautiful image front and center. The paper is some left over SU! paper I had lying around and how about that ribbon? A throw back to my beginning SU! days...I haven't used the narrow grosgrain ribbon in ages! But it was the perfect color match, no? :-) Hope your day is sunny and bright, as it's been here in NH this week! We've had the windows open, the kids have been outside playing until dark, and we're hopeful that soon the water table will go down so our basement will be void of all water! LOL! Enjoy! PS - I had a few questions about how I created the background of my card yesterday (behind the tree) and it was created by using the 'direct to paper' technique, which is bascially just swiping the ink pad across the paper. I found this particular technique on Michelle Zindorf's blog. Also, my layout yesterday came from this week's Card Patterns sketch!

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous card, love the very sweet image and all the wonderful colors you've used!

Nancy said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!!!