photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, March 29, 2010

Don't Worry, Bee Happy!

I hopped on over to Splitcoast this afternoon to check out today's challenges and realized that today is the CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge day...WooHoo!! Since I love CAS challenges and creating in the pouring rain...well, not creating in the rain but on a day when it's pouring rain outside....I decided to toss together a quick card while the children were engaged in mind stimulating exercises (aka playing a computer game...hey, sometimes a Mom needs to do what a Mom needs to do to get a card created...).
Today's challenge was to create a card using a sketch, which makes life oh so much easier when one is short on time. (The computer games only entertain them for so long...right now our youngest is flipping out, he claims to be bored, "I'm so bored, look at me, I'm just hanging here" and "please, give me meatballs to eat" Yeah, yeah, yeah kid your Mother will play and feed you in short order...I have a blog post to finish doggoneit!) I've had these sweet "bee-lightful" Sweet 'n Sassy images printed out and ready to color for days and this set, Bee Happy, had the perfect size images for today's sketch. Since it is pouring rain outside - again - I needed to create something Spring-like to get my mind out of its rain-induced comatose state. After coloring the images with my Copics, while the oldest agonized over his subtraction problems (I helped him when he got stuck...really I did), I cut them out with Nestibilities and grabbed some delightful DP from Jillibean Soup, purchased from my favorite local scrapbook store, Wholly Scrap. (That was one serious run on sentence!) Ribbon is from Papertreyink and the black background was embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. Oh, I used a kraft knife to cut out the bee's wings, popped them up, and added some Stickles (fun!!)
OK, I think dinner is burning and if I don't get this kid some meatballs he's not going to be happy and no one wants to upset a three-year old...They're way crankier than two-year olds. As a matter of fact, I don't believe there's such a thing as the terrible twos. However, there are definitely some torturous threes!!! Enjoy today's card!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally cute card! Love the colors, love your papers - great CAS card!! :)