photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Keep it Simple Sunday

Remember that card holder I made before the holidays? Well I redid the front of it (I added the leaves and big 'ol rhinesotnes) and created a few more cards before the gift for my MIL was complete! The updated front, and entire finished piece, is below and this card is one that was created for the set. The entire set held eight cards, four unique designs, and envelopes. The holder is a template downloaded from Papertreyink. For today's card, I first created my own patterned paper by stamping a floral image, from Papertreyink, in white ink onto a dark blue cardstock. I made a second piece of patterned paper by stamping blue polka dots, also by PTI, on cream cardstock. Those two pieces were layered onto kraft cardstock, then some ribbon, sentiment, and rhinestones were added to finish the card...Easy Peasy! Also, please keep Sonda, a former member of the Odd Bird Planet design team, in your prayers. Her precious daughter, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor over the summer, passed away yesterday. While they knew this time was coming, I'm quite sure that this is a devastating loss. My heart grieves for her...

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous project, Kim. I just LOVE 3-d items!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is a fantastic project Kim!!! Love that gorgeous flower.

Donna-Marie said...

Wow!
Great Project!!!
Love the flower :-)
See you this weekend.