photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, December 14, 2009

Rock On

Good morning stampers! My apologizes for no "Keep it Simple" post last night but after those 12 days of tag making I really needed an evening of no crafting....I know, crazy right? Instead our family decorated our Christmas tree and this morning my darling crafting son has been making me Christmas presents and putting them under the tree! Bless his heart! His first gift was was a letter that said, "I love you..." I was teary... So in the midst of all that mad crafting last week, I actually needed to make a card for a friend of ours whose wife threw him a birthday get together. He and my husband have recently taken up guitar playing (some over 40 guy thing, I think! LOL!) and so I simply had to create a guitar-themed card for him. This adorable guitar image and sentiment were part of a Unity KOTM stamp set. It's a little girly, with the hearts and all, but I told him that was because we loved him! ;-) I kept the card fairly simple (hey, maybe this could be a good fit for a Keep it Simple card!) because too much fluff and it's not much of a guy card anymore! The guitar was stamped on brown cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder; attached with dimensional tape. I stitched a bit around the edges (in my nice wavy style that doesn't require me to stitch in a straight line!) In the end, he was happy with his card...and that makes me happy! Lots to create and post over the next few weeks so check back often! Oh, and thank you to everyone who left such lovely comments on my tags. Each comment is truly appreciated, I'm grateful for all of my readers! I love you guys!! :-)

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Great card. I really like the image and the music. The stitching adds the perfect touch.