photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tim Holtz Creativity

Why hello Wednesday, when did you get here? Someone slow down the clock...I can't believe the week is half over or that it's been almost three days since I last posted on my blog! I simply need more than 24 hours in each day... So...a few weeks ago a friend of mine came over for a visit and she brought with her a big 'ol bag of Ranger goodies and some Tim Holtz tips and techniques. And did I ever have a great time! We worked with distress inks, crackle medium, rock candle stickles, embossing plates and paste, glitter...let's just say we went hog wild! In the above photo my friend is demonstrating a way to add ink to a tag. Using a craft sheet, which is one of the most amazing things ever...you can put ink on it, use your heat gun on it, it's indestructible! Go to eclectic Paperie and buy one right now! OK, commercial over...Using the craft sheet, apply ink directly on to the sheet. Spritz the craft sheet with water until the ink has beaded (you can see that in the photo). Then slap a tag right down on the wet ink and smoosh (that's a technical term) it all around. Use a heat gun to set and then add more ink, if desired. The finished result is aged and vintage...fabulous! Here's my tag in progress with the ink applied as well as a few other images from Unity and Papertryink. Isn't that fantastic!! This is another technique we tried where we crinkled up the tag and then used distress ink to drag the page across the tag for aging. (I have yet to finish my tag with this technique!) We also played with some inks and glossy paper...I need to make something with the paper we created. My kids even got in on the act and created their own tags. Great fun!
Finally, here's a close up on my tag, where you can see the detail on the heart image (isn't that such a Tim Holtz type of image...Love it! It's from Unity's KOTM). You can also see the layers of images on the tags...all my favorite things; words, swirls, polka dots, and lots of aged edges! WooHoo!! We're already planning our next crafting playdate...I can't wait...maybe we'll do videos next time around...I should also mention that you can purchase all of your Tim Holtz and Ranger products at eclectic Paperie! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna Marie said...

Super Cool!!!
LOVE your class at Wholly Scrap!!
Very, Very Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Very adorable. The details are amazing! I found this Tim Holtz distress and tools at the net. Check this one out!

Daisy said...

Awesome! Getting down and grungy!