photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Use alcohol inks and glossy cardstock to create
super funky custom patterned paper.
That's right...I used the words "super" and "funky" in a sentence about cardmaking 'cause that is what this far out paper is all about! This is one crazy design created by my fabulous crafting five year old. :-) The background paper was created by dropping tiny pools of alcohol ink onto glossy cardstock - in this case a tripped out 70's inspired mirror paper - and then using an air can to dry the ink. The pressure from the air can causes a splattered look. This was one of those techniques that my friend showed us a few weeks ago when she came for a visit. My wee crafter used about every color of ink available to create his masterpiece. He then presented me with his piece of paper and declared that he'd made it just for me. How could I not, in turn, create a card with his special paper. The colors and mirror paper made me think "birthday!" so I dug through my image pile and found this adorable cupcake image. Once it was colored with Copics I merely had to cut out a circle with my Cuttlebug and Nestibilities, add a scallop (and of course a bizillion tiny rhinestones from Taylored Expressions), some ribbon, and a tag, outfitted with a sentiment from Papertreyink, to complete my card. My little one was very happy when I showed him that I'd used his paper to make a card and his smile made my entire day! Why not try this technique to see what kind of designs you can come up with...

2 comments:

itsallrosi said...

that paper is too cool. what a fun technique!

Kathi said...

He did an amazing job! Clearly he inherited your talent! You're a brave woman to let him near your alcohol inks. Those things stain! (but I love them anyways).

Great card!