photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Forget about those layers!
When I was faced with the challenge of creating a one layer card...whew...I had to really think about what to design! It seems most of us card makers start out with almost no layers, when we're first learning about stamping, and after a few years we have cards with so many layers they're heavy! LOL! I'm finding that the more I create these simple cards, the more I enjoy them... This card may look more complicated than it is but it really only took a few minutes to create since I had a good idea of the design in my head...that doesn't happen often! I started by stamping a circle from one of Papertryink's Borders & Corners sets in VersaMark ink and embossed the circle with silver embossing powder. I then created a mask of the circle and stamped my polka dots and swirls (both sets from Papertreyink, Polka Dot Basics II and Fancy Flourishes) on the background. Once the mask was removed, I stamped the Verve sentiment in the middle of the circle, added the Taylored Expressions rhinestones, and finished off the card with ribbon from Stampin' Up!. See...easy peasy! Enjoy and hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend...for those of you in the US! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Great colors and wonderful design!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

Holy cannoli! This card ROCKS my world Kim! WOWSA!!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wowsers! That pops in every way imaginable! I am going to blog it for tomorrow!