photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

All the Way to the Moon and Back

When Taylor introduced this set, The Places You'll Go, I just about flipped! Not only do I adore the quotes and images included in the set but I tell my oldest that I love him "all the way to the moon and back" every night at bedtime. So...there was no way I could not get these stamps!! The first item I wanted to create was a bookmark for our son, using the rocket ship and "moon and back" quote, to give to him on his first day of school. Our homeschool curriculum requires a decent amount of reading so this will definitely be put to use! I paired the image with patterned papers that I also purchased from Taylored Expressions. These are beautiful papers and I actually also used them on the card from my last post. The ribbon and big 'ol eyelet are from Stampin' Up! I only wish I had my sewing machine set up because I think stitching would have added a wonderful extra to the bookmark; create a quilt type of look...next time... Here is a photo of the entire bookmark. Our sweet boy was thrilled when I presented him with it and carried it around with him for most of the day. His response, "and I love you all the way to Pluto and back!" You've got to love that!
Have a wonderful Wednesday...be back soon with photos of some beautiful RAKs I received last week!! Can't wait to show you the handiwork of some talented ladies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great bookmark! Love that quote too! :)

Lauri said...

This is beautiful! Too bad this was not out last year...I used the theme Oh the Places You'll go for my daughter's high school graduation party...maybe I have to get this for her college graduations!

Donna Marie said...

Love this bookmark!!!
It is stinkin Cuuuuute :-)