photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Snapshots from Every Day Life

Summer has finally arrived here in New England....just in time for Labor Day and the school year to start...huh? Yeah, it's been a weird summer in New England, one filled with more cold and rain than warm and sunshine. It's hard to believe that in a few weeks it's going to be September and we've only spent what feels like a few days enjoying the outdoors. Hey, maybe this is like opposite world (anyone know what show that's from?) and summer is winter and winter is summer....yeah, that's it....I'll just keep telling myself that so I won't fall into a deep depression contemplating that soon I'll be stuck indoors for the next six months with two pre-schoolers...I should be just fine...really... Anyway, I digress (have I told you that I tend to do that...you should try carrying on a conversation with me, I've been told it's very confusing). Now that it's warm out I decided it was high time to get one of those fun inflatable pools for the kids. Since we still have one little one, who is strangely weirded out by getting wet, we went the cheap-o route this year with a lovely $15 option from our local mega store. And as you can tell from the picture of my oldest, whom I like to call Bean (don't ask me why...he's never resembled any kind of bean), I went the laz-y route by making him wear a tee-shirt when in the pool so I don't have to sunscreen all of his entire, very pale, body. I'm not sure where he came from but the poor boy's skin is translucent! Anyway, I digr...well you know...Bean loves the water and likes nothing more than spending some time filling the pool, playing in the hose...all that fun water stuff. The one problem is...he won't sit down in the pool. I'm not sure why. He's been in other pools but he wants nothing to do with sitting in this pool. He is convinced it's too deep. No matter how much we try to talk him into it, he won't sit down. He will only walk back and forth and jump in and out.... Oh...and do this...
This would be my little Bean pretending to go deep sea diving...while standing upright and wearing his construction goggles from his play Home Depot workbench......Told you he had quite an imagination.
And the ability to make me laugh out loud...

2 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

Kim, I am hysterical....those goggles are so cute and the way he stands to look into the water!!!! Gotta love it!!! Enjoy what is left of summer. Maybe you will get a nice mild fall season. HUGS!!

Unknown said...

Totally hilarious!! That boy is too funny!! :)