photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, August 24, 2009

Paper Flowers

The foundation of this card popped into my head on Friday evening and by Saturday morning I was at work in the studio! I knew I wanted kraft cardstock and white polka dots, a sentiment on the left hand side of the card, and a large image on the right. Everything came together quickly with the exception of the image...I hemmed and hawed, what in the world did I want to use as an image. Flowers tend to be my typical "go to" image, I love flowers, but I had images from a Papertryink stamp set in head and I don't own that one...yet...shhh...don't tell my hubby that eyeing more PTI sets... I then remembered that Dawn McVey had created a card (and I think a tutorial but I couldn't find it) using a flower that she created from torn paper. I searched and searched and found the card with the flower! Ah-ha! The perfect idea for the empty space on my card and a fun new technique to try!! My flower is more 'round' than Dawn's, she went with a rounded petal shape, but I just adore the end result! And this was another great way to use up paper scraps!! I also really roughed up the edges and added some distress ink to my flower. I really liked the combination of the very vintage, aged petals against the super clean lines on the rest of the card. And this would be a great Keep it Simple Sunday card too! You guys got a two for one deal this week! :-) The polka dot images (on the bottom of the card and leaves) are from PTI, as is the button, twine, and sentiment. And there's that super fabulous PTI white ink...to die for coverage! The cardstock and ribbon is from Stampin' Up! Enjoy and why not try a new technique this week!!

2 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Holy WOWSA girl! LOVE LOVE this! You ALWAYS rock the Kraft and I LOVE that big flower!
Hope all is well! Hope to see you soon!!!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS card!! LOVE love love that flower - great job! :)