photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, August 14, 2009

Friend to Friend

Last night I had some free time for crafting and went I sat down to create I realized that I've been neglecting my Unity stamps lately. Shame on me!! I pulled out my July KOTM for this card. The kit includes some adorable images, such as a jeans pocket and trinkets to fill the pocket - so cute! I'm looking forward to using those images but last night I wanted something quick and easy to I chose this cute flower and vase image, which was colored with a few pale Copic colors (the colors are a bit darker in person but I guess my bright sunshine this morning washed out my colors...arrggghhh...). This is the first time, in a long time, that I've torn a piece of paper on one of my cards but thought this would be a way to add a little personality to the stamped area, along with a PTI button, aged edges with PTI Chai ink, and some faux stitching. I also used a few of the PTI background stamps on the kraft background but the Chai ink, which was very noticable when wet, faded quite a bit when dry. Kind of bummed me out but you can still make out some texture on the kraft paper. And instead of adding a big piece of ribbon I opted for wrapping some PTI twine around my card and securing in the middle with a tiny piece of PTI ripe avocado ribbon and more twine. The sentiment is from Unity's June KOTM. Enjoy and have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific! So autumnal...great layout and the twine is awesome!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! Love all the neat little details and the distressing!:)

Ann Kranitz said...

Kim, this card is so soft and peaceful. Love all the tiny details that make the card awesome!!