photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, August 7, 2009

Cuddle Up Carter

When Julie and I were at the Craft Super Show last week, we visited the My Favorite Things booth to say hi to the MFT girls. And...of course...we had to do a little shopping. *wink, wink* Like many of the manufacturers at the show, MFT was offering a show special...buy three stamp sets and receive one for free. Since I'm not one to ever pass up a sale (my husband likes to ask me how much I had to spend to "save" him a few bucks)...I quickly picked out three sets to add to my growing collection of acrylic stamps! This image is from the Cuddle Up Carter set and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this stamp set goes to a cerebral palsy foundation. The set is fashioned after the son of one of the MFT employees, named Carter, who has CP. Well, you can't tell a mom who is desperately missing her sons, one of who shares has the same name, this story. I started to well up right there in the MFT booth! Good thing I was surrounded by women who would understand my mental breakdown! LOL! There was no way I was about to leave the show without this darling set! Doesn't this little boy stamp have the sweetest little face? And the saying is so precious...All of the words in this set are separate so you can create your own sentiment. Love that! All of the PJ's, slippers, and blanket were paper pieced with designer paper from Stampin' Up! Doesn't that stripe paper make the best PJ's, they look like flannel. The rest of the card was also created using SU! supplies. Be sure to stop by the MFT store and check out their fantastic images! I'll be showcasing more from the other sets I purchased over the next few weeks. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!