photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

It's been a tough week. Not the worst kind of week but a frustrating one. You see my hard drive crashed - horribly - for the second time in a year. Last time we were able to recover 90% of the data, this time...it's not looking so good. Thankfully, we do back up our files pretty regularly but the last time we did was September so...five months of photos, videos, and files are gone. Not a complete lost but I'm a little bummed about the loss of the photos. The photo of this card was included in lost pictures but since I take forever to actually mail my cards, it was still sitting on my desk waiting for it's second photo debut! LOL! I mentioned a few posts ago that I had made a card for my SIL and this is it! It was also a perfect card for my KISS project since this was oh so easy to make! It doesn't even need an explanation it's so simple! There are two design elements I will point out...First is the naked chipboard. I know, I know, I should come up with another term but it is just that....naked. There's no ink, no paper, no rubons, no nothing and you know what...I love it! It was a bit of a challenge to not do something with it but in the end I was happy with the plain jane look. And leaving it unaltered (there, that's another word for it!) made for fast card making! The second element is the flower...Now this idea wasn't mine but this was the first time I've tried this...Using white embossing powder on white cardstock. (A VersaMark ink pad is a great tool for embossing). I then used a blender pen and ink from my dye ink pads to color in the flower. I saw this technique on the front of a Stampin' Up! catalog and just loved the look. Here's a closer view...

All of the products used to make my KISS card are from Stampin' Up! and I hope my SIL likes it! She should be happy that she's finally receiveing her Christmas present just in time for St. Patty's Day! LOL!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet your sil is so happy to have this card. she should be. I wish my sil would give me a card like this!

Julia Aston said...

Great bright colors on this and I love the chipboard - I see we are both going to the Stamp New England weekend! I'll be happy to meet you!

artfulstampin said...

Gorgeous, love those polkas!