photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 9, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday...errr, Monday

The germs I was fighting a few days ago turned into a full blown, nasty coughing, sneezing, stuffy head so I couldn't do a darn thing cold! Yesterday was spent relaxing on the couch with hot tea, tissues, and all the Disney movies I could handle! Thankfully, both munchkins were content to veg with us and played wonderfully while my husband and I took turns whining about our condition. LOL! So...there wasn't much blog posting or surfing for me yesterday! Today I can at least breathe (breathing is really a wonderful thing) and am feeling a bit better so let the posting resume! This is a simple card I created for my friend's daughter, whose birthday was last weekend. They had her party at a gymnasium and boy was it fun for the kids! I had to keep myself from not jumping on the trampoline's and big foamy things for fear of being asked to leave...hee hee On the way home my son asked if he could start going to the "gym" every day! He loved it! The stamp set used is a new Stampin' Up! set that is just adorable! The set comes with three little "bees", a bee hive, a flower, and two sentiments. This was one of those sets that I picked up because I thought a few customers would like it but I wasn't "moved" by it. However, after using the set a few times, I am hooked! It is the most adorable set and I look forward to using it more and posting more creations! This card couldn't have been easier! I punched five 1 1/4" squares and stamped, embossing with white embossing powder, the three bees. I then added some faux white stitching around the bee squares. The remaining two squares were left plain and acted as a few accent colors...and a good house for my button. The top part of the card was stamped using a SU! polka dot background. The paper at the bottom on the card is something I found during my last shopping trip to Wholly Scrap, our local scrapbooking store. Since I'm feeling better today I need to get to all those chores that were left undone over the weekend!! How fun for me! ;-) Enjoy your Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love those buttons .. gotta get some! :) Glad to hear you're feeling better - we still have 1 (maybe 2 sick) but hopefully soon!! :)

Kathi said...

Gosh! It's amazing how so many people have been sick.

I really like the card.

Anonymous said...

Hope you'r feeling better by now. This cad is lovely... the stamps are gorgeous. HUGS...SK :)