photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, December 11, 2008

K. Werner Color Challenge #34

I've wanted to participate in one of Kristina's color challenges for ages and this week, thanks to work coming to a screeching holiday halt, I had the time to create something using this week's color scheme.
One of the major challenges for me is working with five colors on one project! Whoa nelly - that's a whole lotta color! But in the end it worked out....phew...My submission, oh my another scrapbook page, is below. I've also included a few close up photos of some of the elements on the page, like the 3-D clown and tiny metal washer.
All of the stamps used on this page are from Stampin' Up!, with the exception of the circle image used on the Certainly Celery strip (kind of hard to see in the photo), that stamp is from Odd Bird Planet. The clown image is from a long ago retired SU! set but I love him and I can't bear to part with him, even if he doesn't see ink very often! He was the perfect companion for the first birthday photo of my little one. After coloring Mr. Clown with Copics, I used my VersaMark pen to color in his shoes, umbrella, nose, pompoms on his shirt, and dots on his hat, and then added some glassy glaze so that only those elements are shiny. This isn't the greatest photo but it's a good view of the hat.
I created my own patterned paper, using SU! background stamps, on the perfect plum and pale plum strips of cardstock. I also used pale plum ink, combined with a "sanded" background stamp to create a subtle background behind the clown. The two silver star brads are also from SU!. Foam numbers, which were white and I colored with a perfect plum marker to make them match, are from American Crafts. (I'd never even know about these fabulous foam numbers and letters if it wasn't for Kristina! She uses them on many projects and I adore them!) The happy birthday stamp is a portion of a new SU! set...just used my marker to color/stamp the area that would fit on the chipboard heart. My biggest challenge was working in the sage shadow...ummm...I never use sage shadow but managed to find one piece of cardstock stashed away in my "I never use these colors" bin. I should note that my entire page is backed by the bordering blue, which is a color I love! Back to sage shadow...I decided to cover the heart in the sage color...makes a nice color contrast to the rest of the page. I found these washers while searching for something else and thought it was a cute addition to the heart. I'm trying to have more fun with embellishments so this was a good start!
Lastly, the clown was added to the page with dimensional tape for some serious pop! I'm not much of a scrapbooker but I'm happy enough with this piece that I might even put it into a scrapbook! LOL! Enjoy!! Back tomorrow with more holiday goodies....oh...and some more blog candy! Forgot all about that!! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great looking scrap!!!

Marnie said...

Totally cool I love this page!