photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

Just a few more days until Christmas and I have just a few more Christmas goodies to share! In our neck of the woods we have been experiencing snow, snow, and more snow! We had about a foot yesterday, it stopped for a few hours, and we have about another foot today! It's crazy how much snow is outside and we're feeling a bit stir crazy as we've been "locked" in the house for the past two days and are still recovering from the ice storm last week with are friends still without power! However, we are grateful that God has provided us with a warm house, plenty of good food, warm clothes, and power in our home and we have been blessed to enjoy the company of our good friends during the holiday season! Today I wanted to share a really easy way to dress up plain glass ornaments. I purchased a package of 12 of these glass balls for $6.00 at my local Walmart. I then used Stampin' Up! rub ons to decorate the front of the ball. I know I've said this before but it's worth repeating...I love rub ons! LOL! I'll have another fun project to share next week using some dark brown ones. They're so much fun and so easy to use...just love them! OK, back to our regularly scheduled program...I then simply added some glittery "stuffing" to the inside of the ball and finished off my custom ornament with a pretty ribbon. This is such a great way to dress up plain ornaments, you could probably use the rub ons on colored glass ornaments as well. A great gift would be to customize an entire package of these for someone and then present them in a beautifully decorated box or bag. Not bad for a $6.00 gift!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

What a brilliant idea. I never think to use rub ons on other surfaces. What an elegant, timeless gift idea.

Sorry you've been feeling stir crazy. The storms have been bad everywhere the last few weeks. We've been lucky to have not lost power at any point.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

i love the ornament. I am sorry to read that you are having such yucky weather.
And you are so right about being blessed. That is a fabulous way to look at the situation you are in. What a blessing your blog is for me. I really appreciate your commitment to being spiritual.